- This event has passed.
Tai Chi for Arthritis
October 12 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until December 8, 2021
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER, PLEASE CALL (607) 547-4232
REGISTRATION REQUIRED TO ATTEND.
Classes meet twice a week for 8 weeks (16 one-hour classes) Must be able to participate in at least 11 classes to join.
What is Tai Chi for Arthritis?
Tai Chi for Arthritis utilizes Tai Chi’s Sun style for its ability to improve relaxation, balance and its ease of use for older adults. Tai Chi for Arthritis is led by a certified instructor, with each session including the following:
- Warm-up and cool-down exercises
- One or two movements per lesson, progressivelyleading to completing the six basic core movementsand six advanced extension movements
- Breathing techniques
- Tai Chi principles including those relating to improvingphysical and mental balanceWhat are the Benefits?
- Increase strength, balance and posture
- Prevent falls
- Improve mind, body and spirit
- Reduce stress and increase relaxationMovements can be modified to accommodate mobility issues for any participant and can be done seated as a starting exercise.